Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I'm Thankful For ...

Good Morning!

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all of our family, friends, fans and followers out there. As we go through the ups and downs of the season your support means so much to us and we are thankful for you. We hope that you all have a wonderful day today!

If you saw the story on last night’s game, I think you’ll see that Dartmouth women’s basketball is thankful for it’s 66-51 win over Vermont! We really needed that win and the best part about it was getting there with a combination of tough, stifling defense and balanced offense. We had four players scored in double figures and four players had at least three assists. We shot 43 percent and had assists on 15 of our 25 field goals. The players really shared the ball well and showed just how much they want to see their teammates succeed. This is a particularly unselfish group.

Obviously the team is in Hanover this Thanksgiving but we will enjoy the day together. After a midday practice, we will have dinner at a local inn at 3 and will head back to Coach Wielgus’ house for dessert and some downtime, playing games and watching football!


So in the Thanksgiving tradition, I posed a question to our team, asking them to answer “What are you thankful for this year?” Here are their responses:


Cassie Cooper ’11: I'm thankful for all the loving and supportive people I have in my life. I feel so blessed every day.

Meghan McFee ’11: I am thankful for my friends and family, especially my parents, as well as for the incredible opportunities I've had throughout my life to become the person I am today.


Brittney Smith ’11: I'm thankful that I have great teammates and coaches that I don't mind spending Thanksgiving with. I'm also thankful that we got our first win of the season!

Louise Vanden Bosch ’11: I am truly thankful for my amazing family and friends — I could not have been more blessed. I am also thankful for the opportunity to play for a team with incredible people as well as so much tradition at such a prestigious institution.

Sasha Dosenko ’12: I am thankful for being done with classes until Monday!

Kelsey Byrd ’13: I am thankful for the family and friends who have supported me through good times and bad.

Kylie Kufeld ’13: I'm thankful for my family and friends, not only at home, but also here at Dartmouth, and the experiences I've had so far.

Faziah Steen ’13: I’m thankful for my caring teammates and supportive basketball staff.

Zakia Lghzaoui ’13: I am thankful to be able to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with my Dartmouth women's basketball family. Since we can't be with our families, we always make Thanksgiving Day fun and eventful.

Arianne Hunter ’14: I'm thankful for the progress I’m making on my knee recovery and those who are helping me and for my family back home.

Eve Zelinger ’14:
I am thankful for my supportive family, my crazy fun teammates and friends, and Oreo mint ice cream.


Nicola Zimmer ’14: I'm thankful for my teammates!

Head Coach Chris Wielgus: I am most grateful for my family and my family of friends who have sustained me through all the twists and turns of my life. I am also thankful for my family of friends who have spent their college Thanksgivings with me. I am so fortunate to have all these special and fun people come in and out of my life.

Asst. Coach Leah Foster: I'm very thankful for my family. They are an amazing support system and I have no idea where I would be without them.

Asst. Coach Erin Rewalt: It's hard to limit my thankfulness to a sentence or two, because I feel immensely fortunate for everything. I'm most thankful for the people in my life, including my supportive and loving family and friends. I'm also thankful to be back at Dartmouth, living in Hanover, and working with these incredible and dynamic people on the team and in the program.

Koren Schram, Dir. of Ops: After spending last year in Iceland, I’m thankful for being in America where we have Thanksgiving!

Personally, I always get a little homesick as the holidays approach, but I am thankful that my family understands the time constraints of my job. I am thankful for their love and support. I’m also so thankful for these great players and coaches who have allowed me to be part of the Dartmouth women’s basketball family for the last five years. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!

- Dara

No comments:

Post a Comment