Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Special Election

Tuesday was a long day with practice in the morning and an unusual amount of work and traffic coming my way. I went to work in the dark and came home in the dark. I somehow missed the sun. But I was not going to miss a chance to vote - it was election day!

So I rushed over to Hanover High School to get in line to vote. Fortunately, I cut it so close to the polls closing that there were no lines. But there was a surprise. Eve Zelinger ’14 and Nicola Zimmer ’14 were there as well. Eve from California and Nicola from Maryland had somehow found their way to Dartmouth College, to our team, and to a voting booth in New Hampshire. They were determined to cast their first ever ballot even if it was in NH!

So at the end of my long day I had to smile at how excited two rookie b-ball players from different sides of the continent were to cast their first votes. I have a great job!

- Coach Wielgus

No comments:

Post a Comment