Monday, July 5, 2010

Offically a ’79er

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great summer. My assistant coaches and I have officially hit the recruiting trail and will be spending the month of July searching for the next generation of Dartmouth women's basketball players. Hope to see you along the way.

A wonderful and unexpected thing happened to me the other day. I received a phone call from Jim Wasz President of the Dartmouth Class of 1979. I was sure that Jim was going to give me a heads up on a talented student-athlete from his neighborhood. Instead Jim told me his class would like to adopt me!!! It is a Dartmouth tradition that any class can "adopt" a member of the College community (professor, coach, staff, administration, etc.) that has served the College faithfully but is not an alum his/herself. For a moment, albeit brief moment, I was speechless. Then I enthusiastically accepted my adoption.

I was beyond surprised and humbled by the generosity of this great class. I am now an adopted member of the Class of 1979 ... a ’79er. Thank you, thank you, thank you to my new classmates for this distinct honor.

Coach Wielgus ’79a

P.S. I just got my first Alumni newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment